Pastor Marcellus Wade formal education spanned over four decades as he graduated from Favor High School in Guthrie, OK on May 28, 1958. He then went on to receive his Bachelor of Science Degree in Education from Langston University on May 7, 1962. He completed post-bachelor studies at Northeastern State College in Tahlequah, OK and earned his Master of Science Degree in Education from Eastern Michigan University on August 20, 1978.
After completing the Bible Prophecy Seminar at Birmingham Institution on May 22, 1979, he received a Bachelor of Religious Education Degree from Midwestern Baptist College in Pontiac, MI on May 13, 1982. Over the years, Rev. Wade held memberships in various professional associations including the N.A.A.C.P., and was very committed to serving as President of the Baptist Ministers Alliance of Flint. He taught a class on the book of Revelations at the Great Lakes District Congress of Christians Education and was an active participant with the State and National Congress, where he received many certificates of completion for the Ministers Seminar including the workshop on "Rethinking Christian Education."
Rev. Wade was a kind and endearing educator for 44 years. He taught biology, science and his favorite subject was physical education. He lovingly mentored and monitored the physical fitness levels of students, helping them establish and maintain good physical fitness and health habits early in life.
A devout, fervent and devoted Christian, he was called into the gospel ministry and was licensed to preach the Gospel on August 19, 1973 by Rev. Andrew Allen of the Second Baptist Church in Guthrie, Oklahoma. On March 24, 1977 Rev Wade was ordained by Rev. Archie Powell, Sr. of the First Union Baptist Church of Flint. He also faithfully served at Gethsemane Baptist Church (Rev. Anderson, Pastor); Foss Avenue Baptist Church (Dr. Avery Aldridge, Pastor); and Peace Baptist Church (Rev. Paul Fisher, Pastor). Since 1991, Pastor Wade has served faithfully ministering with love to God's elected saints at Prince Of Peace Missionary Baptist Church.